Part of our Gangs of San Francisco line of tees based on Bay Area history. Designed by us and printed in the Bay Area.
In late 1850's San Francisco, as electric streetcars gained popularity, the city started selling off its fleet of horse drawn streetcars for $20 each . Many of these were brought out to the sandunes of the yet to be developed Outer Sunset district and converted into houses, offices and even a coffee shop. By 1901 there was over fifty families living in what the press dubbed as “Carville”. One of these cars was the clubhouse for "The Falcons", an all female bicyling club.